This policy explains how and why we collect, use, hold, and disclose your Personal Information.
“We”, “us” and “our” means IPD Group Ltd (ACN 111 178 351) of 43-47 Newton Rd, Wetherill Park NSW 2164 trading as:
- IPD Group
- PJ White
- Central Test & Measurement
Collectively referred to as IPD.
If you provide Personal Information to us you consent to us collecting, holding, using, and disclosing your Personal Information in accordance with this policy.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is any information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who can be reasonably identified from the information or opinion. Information or an opinion may be Personal Information regardless of whether it is true.
What Personal Information Do We Collect and Hold?
We collect information about you and your interactions with us, for example, when you purchase any of our products, call us, interact with us on social media platforms we use (this may include social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn) or otherwise visit our website. The information we collect from you may include your identity and contact details, your history of purchases, your opinion about our products from your reviews posted by you on our website, and details of inquiries or complaints you make.
If you interact with us via a social media platform you agree to allow us to receive information about you from the social media platform, which may include your Personal Information (if you directly communicate with us via the social media platform), information about your visits and interaction with our website.
We may collect information about how you access, use, and interact with the website. We also use a range of other tools such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Pixel, and LinkedIn Insights Tag to collect information about how you use, access, and interact with the website. This information may include:
- The location from which you have come to the site and the pages you have visited
- Technical data, which may include IP address, the types of devices you are using to access the website, device attributes, browser type, language, and operating system
Why Do We Collect, Hold and Use Your Personal Information?
We collect, hold, and use your Personal Information so that we can:
- Provide you with products, and manage our relationship with you
- Contact you, for example, to respond to your queries or complaints, or if we need to tell you something important
- Comply with our legal obligations and assist government and law enforcement agencies or regulators
- Identify and tell you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you
If you do not provide us with your Personal Information, we may not be able to provide you with our products, communicate with you or respond to your enquiries.
How Do We Store and Hold Personal Information?
We store most information about you in computer systems and databases (including cloud service providers) operated by either us or our external service providers. Some information about you is recorded in paper files that we store securely. We implement and maintain processes and security measures to protect Personal Information which we hold from misuse, interference, or loss, and from unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure. These processes and systems include:
- The use of identity and access management technologies to control access to systems on which information is processed and stored
- Requiring all employees to comply with internal information security policies and keep information secure
- Requiring all employees to complete training about information security; and
- Monitoring and regularly reviewing our practice against our own policies and against industry best practice.
We will also take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify Personal Information once we no longer require it for the purposes for which it was collected or for any secondary purpose permitted under the APPs.
Who Do We Disclose Your Personal Information To, And Why?
We may transfer or disclose your Personal Information to our related companies.
We may disclose Personal Information to external service providers so that they may perform services for us or on our behalf,
- Our delivery partners
- External Legal Counsel
- ICT and Cyber Security Service providers and
We may also disclose your Personal Information to others where:
- We are required or authorised by law to do so
- You have expressly consented to the disclosure, or the consent may be reasonably inferred from the circumstances
- We need to share it with data processors to operate our business and provide products to you
- If the ownership or control of all or part of our business changes, we may transfer your Personal Information to the new owner
Personal Information to Overseas Recipients?
We may disclose your Personal Information to recipients who are located outside Australia. Those recipients are likely to be our staff in Sri Lanka and the Philippines.
Do We Use Your Personal Information for Marketing?
We will use your Personal Information to offer you products we believe may interest you, but we will not do so if you tell us not to. These products may be offered by us, our related companies, our other business partners, or our service providers.
Where you receive electronic marketing communications from us, you may opt out of receiving further marketing communications by following the opt-out instructions provided in the communication.
Correction of Your Personal Information
You may access or request correction of the Personal Information that we hold about you by contacting us directly. Our contact details are set out below. Please understand there are some circumstances in which we are not required to give you access to your Personal Information, but we will advise you if these circumstances apply to your request. There is no charge for requesting access to your Personal Information, but we may require you to meet our reasonable costs in providing you with access (such as photocopying costs or costs for time spent on collating large amounts of material).
We will respond to your requests to access or correct Personal Information in a reasonable time and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we hold about you remains accurate, up-to-date, and correct. However, if you have a client portal you can also access and correct some of the Personal Information that we hold about you.
The EU GDPR
Under the European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as a data subject (if you are a citizen or resident of the EU) you have the right to:
- Access your data
- Have your data deleted or corrected where it is inaccurate
- Object to your data being processed and to restrict processing
- Withdraw consent to having your data processed
- Have your data provided in a standard format so that it can be transferred elsewhere
- Not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing
If you have a complaint about the way in which we have handled any privacy issue, including your request for access or correction of your Personal Information, you should contact us. Our contact details are set out below.
We will consider your complaint and determine whether it requires further investigation. We will notify you of the outcome of this investigation and any subsequent internal investigation.
If you remain unsatisfied with the way in which we have handled a privacy issue, you may approach an independent advisor or contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) for guidance on alternative courses of action which may be available.
Please contact the Privacy Officer with the following methods:
Changes To This Policy
From time to time, we may change our policy on how we handle Personal Information or the types of Personal Information which we hold. Any changes to our policy will be published on our website.
You may obtain a copy of our current policy from our website or by contacting us at the contact details above.